Angela Hathaway, M. Ed., LCMHCA, LPCA, NCC
Prior to becoming a counselor, I served the Charlotte community as a childbirth doula and educator. I quickly found my niche specializing in working with women who wanted to have a VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean). Over time, I recognized the correlation between prior traumas (child abuse, sexual violence, domestic violence, etc.) and traumatic childbirth experiences. Working with these clients quickly became my favorite part of my job, inspiring me to pursue a career as a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LMCHC), specializing in perinatal disorders and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
After earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, I continued on to earn my Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. From there, I moved directly into private practice, becoming one of few counselors in the Charlotte area that specializes in Perinatal Disorders. My background as a childbirth professional provides me with extensive insight into the challenges of pregnancy, birth, new parenthood, and the relationship changes that occur in the childbearing year.
While Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Perinatal Disorders are my passion, I also treat clients struggling with depression, anxiety, grief, ADHD, and many other mental health conditions. I genuinely love walking alongside my clients on their journey to personal growth and healing. Whether your issues are big or small, I would be honored to walk alongside you on your journey to better mental health!
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associate (LCMHCA) - North Carolina (#A14975)
- Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPCA) - South Carolina (#7178)
Certifications & Training
- National Board Certified Counselor (#1233341)
- Trained in EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing
- Trained in Gottman Method
- M. Ed. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- B.S. Psychology
- B.A. Criminal Justice & Criminology
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American Psycological Association (APA)
- North Carolina Counseling Association (NCCA)
- South Carolina Counseling Association (SCCA)
- Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health (APPPAH)
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)